Monday, December 6, 2010

Stuart, FL - mm986

 

123 025 We had another sunny, warm day after leaving the Vero Beach marina.  At Ft. Pierce the Indian River turned the most beautiful shade of aqua reminding me of the Caribbean.  It was divine!  We arrived at our winter home, Loggerhead Club and Marina – Stuart at 2:30p.m. as a cold front was coming in.  We traveled a total of 1,115 miles from Callao, VA.  It took 32 days.  We spent 7 nights in Daytona Beach, 4 in St. Augustine and 4 in Titusville.

 

123 033 The journey brought us closer as most things we did took teamwork.  Each day was a new shared experience.   It wasn’t necessarily glamorous! Now that we are tied up to our winter floating dock at an extremely upscale marina, we don’t have to juggle our power usage and we have refrigeration!  But the showers, bathrooms and gym are so far away, JB insists on riding his bike!

 

 123 036

JB plans to spend the rest of Dec. working in “Belle’s” engine room.  Thanks to your numerous positive feedbacks regarding this blog, I’m finally going to try my hand at writing my first novel. 

 

 

 

126 011

126 019

Heated pool with cabana                           Fitness Room and View

126 012 126 018

 

126 004

In January, February and March we plan to do some offshore fishing and hope you will visit. There is a very nice Hampton Inn & Suites less than a mile away on US1.  The Harborage Special Rate is $85 in January and $99 in February.  If you are coming down, let us know.  I’ll send you their contact info.

 

 

126 005

We biked 1 mi. each way to Publix.  JB’s backpack is stuffed with two kinds of cookie dough, pretzel/nut mix, bagel crisps, yogurt, etc.  He really didn’t walk his bike the whole way.  We had just crossed US1.

I changed my name on my email and facebook accounts.  Several friends had trouble finding me on facebook with 500 Jan Richardsons.  It was suggested I use my maiden name.  Smith didn’t help much.  JB told me he would be honored if I used his name.  As my sister reminded me, it is our family tradition to change our names at will. (When she looked up Mom’s death certificate it was in a different name!)  Now I’m the only Janet Smith Britto in Google!  Identity crisis over!

 

126 001 It still looks like fall here.  This will be the last of our blog, “Do you think we will find Florida?”  We totally enjoyed writing it so you could join us.  It is so lovely here, it may be difficult for me to return to Virginia.  It was so expensive to bring “Belle” down, we are going to look at all our options for spring. 

 

 

 

PICT0017 Thank you so much for traveling with us.  Special thanks to Rose Wood for taking good care of our babies and our home.  We sincerely invite each and every one of you to visit us this winter.  If not, see you in April.  (It’s really sad saying goodbye!)

Wishing you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love, JB2 (JB and Jan Britto :-)

1 comment:

  1. Jan,
    thank you so much for making everyone part of your trip. it was really nice to follow your trip and experiences along the way; not to mention the beautiful pictures. glad you both had a good time and can't wait to see the both of you. oh by the way, i hear i make a great 1st mate lol.

    welcome to florida,
    mike

    ReplyDelete