Friday, December 3, 2010

Titusville, FL – Uncensored!

 

123 005 As we await the mechanic that is going to fix our port engine, I’m stuck in the dining nook and thought this is a good time to finally write about what really happens.  Yes, JB has been using his Captain status to censor this authors writings!

I no sooner complimented JB on using his bike every day and even told him he was looking like he may be losing weight when he agreed to go for a walk to Publix with me.  The route took us down a couple of four lane highways, so he agreed to walk.  Using his Iphone app he knew there was a Publix 2 miles away.  He failed to calculate that he walks two miles an hour. So after 40 minutes, he consulted his Iphone and commented he didn’t realize it would take so long.  Then I learned we were walking to Publix so he could get some refrigerated cookie dough so he could make cookies!  Is it me, or this there something amiss in this logic???

 

123 003 After some discussion and ten minutes later, JB decided it was time to turn around.  As fate would have it, we had passed a restaurant called ‘Dixie Crossroads’ that I used to go to ten years ago.  We stopped for lunch and a break.  The food was the same, but the prices weren’t. Rock shrimp used to be 2 doz for $4.99.  Now it is 1 doz for $11.99!

Walking back to the boat, we approached a real estate office.  JB suggested we go in, “Maybe we can get a ride back to the boat!”  Sure enough, after looking at a couple of $30,000 condos, we got dropped off at the boat!  There he announced he didn’t sleep well last night and took a three hour nap!  That walking did him in, if you ask me. :-)

Last night was the worst night on ‘Belle”.  When I tried to sleep in the bed, I started getting seasick.  She was acting like a bucking bronco trying to break lose from the ropes that had her securely attached to the dock.  Up and down, sideways and diagonally! I finally ended up in the dining room as JB was asleep, again, on the sofa.  

We have been trying to connect with Mike and Di Gadwell.  Before they left Westmoreland Co., we asked them to bring us some NN Ginger Ale.  We didn’t realize we were addicted!  Their Okeechobee place is 1 hr west of Stuart.  Mike says they are now part of the electronic world as they have a phone with push buttons, instead of the rotary dial at home!  He says he had an offer of $1.28 and a Moon Pie for 1 can of NN Ginger Ale and is tempted to make the trade!  Mike is in search for his “final” boat, a 25’ Nimble Nomad Trawler and found one in Ft. Pierce, near us.  What are the chances of that happening?  Good luck, Mike!

 

repaired riser

It’s official, “Belle” just got a new riser for Christmas.  It was sad watching the boys cleaning out her clogged parts after all her years of service.  All I could think about were my arteries!  JB assisted the mechanic so he could learn how to replace the other risers and to reduce the cost.  But when the boys were cleaning up and putting everything back they were missing a hose part. 

 

 

 

 

123 006

Defensively, I immediately claimed I did not go in the engine room as JB likes to accuse  me of moving his things when he can’t find them.  Phil, the mechanic, immediately started laughing because he has the same situation at his home.  When he can’t find things, his wife finds them for him.  Getting up, I looked into the engine room and asked what it looked like.  Phil said, “It’s a hose about this big.” Showing me about a 2” diameter hose with his fingers.

 

123 007

I must confess I had a better vantage point from the galley steps.  It didn’t take long for me to look around JB to see a hose that size under the generator. “Is that it?”, I asked.  JB reached under the generator and said, “Yes!”  He was amazed.  “How did you do that?  You do it all the time!”  Phil laughed, “My wife calls it her Uterine Tracking Device.”  So there we have it ladies.  For now on when we find our husbands missing items, credit your UTD!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment