Saturday, November 13, 2010

Charleston, SC mm 467

Thanks for checking in with us.  Please fell free to make comments at the bottom of the various posts as I check them daily. Its great hearing that you love reading about our adventure.  Thanks for the many positive feedbacks. Love to you all. Jan

JB at work

 

We cruised about 50 miles down a “ditch” (dredged canal) to Charleston arriving at 1pm today.  We are both loving this lifestyle so I spent most of the day looking up trawlers and catamarans for sale on my I phone.  Life is tough.  Sometimes I feel like the Millers, always on the go. 

 

Once we arrived in Charleston we walked to the market.  The place was extremely crowded. I suppose this being a Saturday didn’t help!  I managed to get a good price on a Sweetgrass basket.  So I’m very happy. :-)   I’ve been wanting one of those ever since I first saw one 20 years ago and was too tight to spend the dough.  But I lost a bet JB says I made when I told him I didn’t need to buy anything on this trip.  Oh, well.

PB130011

Tomorrow we are going shopping for a universal remote for our TV since I left ours at home. Somehow I didn’t think walking the three steps to the TV would be a problem, but it appears we need it to do programming to get all channels. Then we are going to wash the salt spray off the boat.  I’ll catch up on laundry since we have use of a free washer and dryer.  Maybe our burgees will finally get mounted.  Doesn’t sound like an exciting day does it?

PB130013

You know that problem we had before we left home about not being able to find things?  Well, we are only living in a 14’ x 34’ space. I believe that is less than 500 sq. ft. So you would think that might alleviate the problem.  Initially, we had some difficulty remembering where we stored things.  That is understandable, right?  Well, the other day, after JB’s nap, we were sitting on the sofa and talking when he asked me if I knew where he left his pants (jeans, that is).  Being a “stupid” question, I gave him the “stupid” answer. “In the bedroom where you left them.”  This caused me to think about what his ‘man talk’ really meant when he asked me where he left things.  I finally came to the conclusion that instead of using brain power to locate his things (a lowly task, no doubt), he would ask me where they were so I would fetch them for him.  So ladies, do you find your guy doing the same thing?????

I found out how far it is to Stuart on the back page of our Cruising Guide that takes us to Fernandino Beach, Fl. It’s 1076 miles. Not much more than the 900 we estimated.  We have gone 557 miles.  So we are more than half way ‘home’.  That sounds so GOOD.  We discovered today that Savannah is 8 miles off the ICW, so we plan to avoid it as we are smelling the sweet air of Florida and are eager to get there.  Sun and warmth.  Oh, yeah.  We’ll be loving it!

JB just cooked me a filet mignon steak dinner with fresh asparagus and baked potato.  Got to go and eat dinner. Miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment